With the Lokayukta Special Investigation Team all set to summon Janardhan Reddy in the infamous Rs 150 cr kickback allegations, fresh troubles have begun for Kumaraswamy.

Former chief minister HD Kumaraswamy may have to face the Lokayukta Special Investigation Team (SIT) again in connection with the Rs 150 crore bribe case that was alleged against him. This is apart from the inquiry he is facing in the Jantakal Enterprises illegal mining case.

The case dates back to 2006, when BJP legislator and mining baron Janardhan Reddy had levelled serious allegations against then chief minister HD Kumaraswamy that he and his family members had received Rs 150 crore kickbacks from mining companies. He had even released a CD that purportedly contained visuals of then forest minister C Chennigappa discussing the alleged deal, reports Deccan Chronicle. The allegations had completely left the coalition government shattered.

The very same case has come back to haunt JD(S) state president Kumaraswamy again, after nearly a decade. Kumaraswamy - just a day ago - had appeared before the Special Investigation Team in connection with the Jantakal Enterprises illegal mining case. With a seven-day interim bail obtained by the city court, Kumaraswamy appeared before the SIT and was grilled for over three hours. It is reported that he answered all the set of questions denying - throughout - his involvement in the case. He was summoned after his alleged involvement was pointed out by the arrested IAS officer Gangaram Baderiya in the Jantakal illegal mining case. Baderiya had also told the investigators that he was under tremendous pressure by the then chief minister to favour the Mumbai-based Jantakal Enterprises to lift iron from Chitradurga.

Now, the SIT has also summoned Janardhan Reddy to make him witness in the case as he had made those allegations of the Rs 150 crore kickback. Then forest minister Chennigappa may also be summoned, reports Kannada Prabha. The illegal mining cases in Karnataka have been reopened after the Supreme Court has sought the complete report on investigation in three months.