Bengaluru: 26- year-old woman electrocuted; residents blame BESCOM
Aug 3, 2019, 4:51 PM IST
Bengaluru: Gayathri, a 26-year-old woman, died in front of her residence, due to the negligence of Bengaluru Electric Supply Company Ltd (BESCOM). Sources say the woman, while cleaning the house, came in contact with a live wire and died. The incident occurred at KR Puram, Bengaluru. Meanwhile, the residents blame BESCOM for the death due to electrocution.
Report claims that this is the second incident in the same ward and residents allege that the BESCOM authorities have remained mute spectators. The city of Bengaluru in Karnataka has seen a number of deaths due to electrocution. In the last five years, there have been as many as 509 deaths in the city, according to data shared by BESCOM.