Bengaluru: Big fire mishap averted in MG Road, two floors of Ajantha Hotel gutted
A big fire tragedy was averted at Bengaluru's MG Road last night after fire from a parked Bolero jeep reportedly engulfed two floors of a 7-storeyed hotel. At 10:30 pm, a thick smoke and flames were seen from the first floor of Ajantha Trinity Hotel on Trinity Circle, MG Road and soon it spread to the ground and first floor of the hotel. In the mishap, 7 people had a lucky escape.
As soon as the smoke was noticed, fire tenders were rushed in no time from closeby areas and the fire men contained the fire. By the time the fire could be contained two floods were gutted and lakhs worth of damages were reported.
The rescued persons were identified as Nagesh, Mahedndra, Sathyaprakash, Dinesh and Abhishek. Two more suffered minor injuries and received treatment.
Hotel manager Ravi told the police that from Sep 1 there was no booking and hotel owner instructed the hotel staff to book room for Mysuru native and three members had come occupied one room. At 10:15 pm they came and parked their Bolero jeep and only after they came, the fire was noticed. The fire was first seen in the parking lot and soon it spread to the ground floor and first floor.
A case of accident has been registered at Ulsoor police station and investigation is on.
As per police, there could have been a major catastrophe as there is a petrol bunk next to the hotel and many lives could have been lost had fire tenders not rushed in time.
The people seen in video jump out of windows to save lives and smoke coming out from floors and fire at the ground floor resembles the 2009 deadly incident of Carlton Towers in which 9 lives were lost. Some of them just leaped to death as they could not inhale the smoke coming out from the building then.