- Two custodians of HDFC Bank, responsible for filling ATMs with cash have stolen RS 70 lakh and are absconding.
- The company has the contract for filling money into 2000 ATMs in the City, of which 200 belong to HDFC Bank.
- Johnson was responsible for filling currency into HDFC ATMs at M G Road, Commercial Street, Austin Town and Ashokanagara.
- He knew the password and keys to the ATMs for which he was responsible.
- Agency suspended him in September and he wanted to take revenge.
- The bank checked the CCTV footages of the ATMs and came to know the theft.
It has come to light late that a custodian of HDFC Bank, responsible for filling ATMs with cash has stolen Rs 70 lakh and is absconding, reported Kannada Prabha.
Aravinda Pandey of Procedure Sisto an agency that fills ATM with cash has lodged a complaint with Commercial Street police that a suspended employee Johnson and Karthik have stolen Rs 70 lakh and are absconding.
The company has the contract for filling money into 2000 ATMs in the City. That includes 200 ATMs belonging to HDFC. Johnson, a resident of D J Halli was working as a custodian with Procedure Sisto since 2 years. He was responsible for filling currency into HDFC ATMs at MG Road, Commercial Street, Austin Town and Ashokanagara.
Under him 15 staff were working. He knew the password and keys to the ATMs for which he was responsible. The Sisto agency found a change in his attitude and asked him to quit the job. But he managed to convince them and continued to work. In September the agency fired him.
This enraged Johnson and on Sept 25 he took all the cash to the tune of Rs 70 lakh that had to be deposited into 11 ATMs at Dispensary Road, Miller Road, Ashoknagara, Austin Town and escaped. Another custodian Karthik who was working with him is also missing.
The discrepancy in funds was found out by Sisto late. When they checked the CCTV footages of the ATMs they came to know the theft. Police are on the look out for the culprits.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:33 PM IST