During an urgent meeting chaired by Union Home Minister Amit Shah with Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal and other officials, a 12-point strategy was devised to contain the spread of the virus in Delhi, especially in view of the festive season and the decreasing temperatures, accompanied by increasing pollution.
The Narendra Modi government is flying in Central Paramilitary doctors and staff to tackle the rising number of Coronavirus cases in New Dlhi.
The decision was taken after a urgent meeting chaired by Union Home Minister Amit Shah with Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal and other officials.
Cases in the national capital had been "on the rise since October 20".
The Centre has assured that 750 ICU beds will be made available at the DRDO centre. The number of COVID tests conducted daily will also be increased to over 1 lakh.
During Sunday's meeting, a 12-point strategy was devised to contain the spread of the virus in Delhi, especially in view of the festive season and the decreasing temperatures, accompanied by increasing pollution.
Here are 12 point strategy adopted in the meeting
* RT-PCR testing will be increased two-fold in Delhi.
* Mobile testing vans of the health ministry and ICMR will be deployed at Covid-19 prone areas. Capacity of labs will be augmented.
* Hospital infrastructure and capacity to be increased. DRDO Covid hospital at Dhaula Kuan to have 250-300 more beds to treat serious Covid patients.
* To increase availability of beds with Oxygen supply, the 10,000-bed Covid centre in Chhatarput to be further strengthened.
* Select MCD hospitals to be converted into dedicated hospitals where only people with mild symptoms will be treated.
* Dedicated multi-department teams to visit all private hospitals in Delhi to inspect infrastructure to tackle Covid-19, assess admission of infected patients and check the availability of beds.
* Previous containment measures to be reviewed with regard to contact tracing, quarantine and screening in such zones. Those who are at high risk of getting infected must be constantly reviewed so that containment is not affected.
* Central forces have supported in the country in the Covid-19 fightback. In view of the shortage of health workers, the Centre will deploy additional
doctors and paramedical staff. They will be airlifted to Delhi immediately.
* Those in home isolation need to be tracked and those in need of immediate medical assistance must be shifted to Covid-19 hospitals. This way, lives of more and more people can be saved.
* Protocol to be put in place to ensure plasma donation and plasma infusion for those in serious condition. A high-level panel led by ICMR Director Dr VK Paul to sumit report shortly.
* Centre to provide Delhi Government with oxygen cylinders, High Flow Nasal Cannula and all other essential health equipment
* Safety is the only solution to the Coronavirus. So a concrete awareness campaig must be run to sensitise people about the long-drawn battle against Covid-19.
Last Updated 15, Nov 2020, 7:42 PM