With the number of positive cases reaching 33 in Karnataka, CM BS Yediurppa on Monday in the Assembly took a decision to seal state borders and announced lockdown across 30 districts till March 31.
Bengaluru: Not just the 9 districts, now all the 30 districts in Karnataka will remain locked down till March 31 as the number of cases of coronavirus has touched 33.
As the battle against the deadly virus continues, the state has come to a grinding halt allowing only essentials service to avoid inconvenience caused to the public.
Here is something important to remember: Let’s not panic and hoard things.
As news about lockdown spread, grocery stores and vegetable markets started witnessing a surge in buyers. Few traders made most of this situation.
Here’s what is allowed during lockdown:
*Drinking water production, supply and distribution has been allowed.
*Only take aways and home delivery from restaurants will be allowed.
* Industries dealing with essential goods and services, food, medical equipment, drugs, fuel, shall remain. No worker shall be removed nor his salary will be deducted.
*Stores selling food, ration shops, milk, vegetables, groceries, meat, fish, fruit, wholesale and retail markets will remain open.
*Petrol bunks, gas, LPG, oil godowns will also remain open.
*Vehicles pertaining to transportinh essential goods, hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, optical stores, diagnostic centres and other health and medical related shops will function.
*Panchayat offices to urban local bodies, fire and emergency services and police and post Office will remain open.
*Electricity, water and municipal services as well as bank teller services will not be disturbed. ATMs, telecom, internet, cable services will function as usual.
Here’s a hat is suspended during lockdown:
*Liquor shops will remain shut till March 31.
*No city or state buses.
* Namma metro suspended.
* Railway department remains shut too.
* With prohibitory orders in Bengaluru, public gathering is suspended till March 31.
* No vehicle allowed on flyovers across the city.
*All cab aggregators like Ola, Uber, autorickshaws and other hired services shall be permitted for passenger transport only for procuring essential commodities and medical emergencies.
* All public office that deal with non essential services will remain shut.
* All religious gathering in temples, churches and masjids remain suspended.
Last Updated 9:29 AM IST