Asianet NewsableAsianet Newsable

Mumbai drugs case: NCB's Sameer Wankhede to take legal action over Nawab Malik's Maldives remark

A visibly irked Narcotics Control Bureau's (NCB) Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede, in response to the minister Nawab Malik's allegations, said that if required he would take the legal route.
 

Mumbai drugs case: NCB's Sameer Wankhede to take legal action over Nawab Malik's Maldives remark-dnm
Author
Mumbai, First Published Oct 21, 2021, 9:12 PM IST
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp

Even as the NCB summoned Bollywood actress Ananya Panday in connection to the drugs case in which Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan has been arrested, Nationalist Congress Party leader and Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik on Thursday yet again took a dig at Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) zonal chief Sameer Wankhede.

Malik accused NCB zonal chief Sameer Wankhede of 'extortion' and released some purported photos of Yasmeen Wankhede, sister of Sameer Wankhede.

Training his guns again, Malik claimed, “After Sushant Singh Rajput suicide case, NCB deputed a special officer. CBI was probing the case.Death mystery remained unsolved but NCB's interference began in the film industry. Rhea Chakraborty was framed falsely, attempts were made to frame others too.”

Hinting at a deeper link between Sameer Wankhede and Bollywood, Malik said, "During the pandemic, the entire film industry was in the Maldives. Sameer Wankhede must clarify what he and his family members were doing there at that time. He should clarify whether he was in Dubai," Malik said.

He also claimed that the anti-drug agency is filing 'bogus' cases against people. He also demanded that WhatsApp chats and the mobile phone of Sameer Wankhede be scanned to reveal his connections with the saffron party.

A visibly irked Narcotics Control Bureau's (NCB) Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede, in response to the minister's allegations, said that if required he would take the legal route.

Also read: Mumbai cruise drugs case: Arbaaz Merchant's father says his son said, 'Pappa get us out of here'

On the allegations of extortion, Wankhede said, “The word 'extortion' is a disgusting term. I did go to Maldives after taking the competent authority's permission. I went with my children and family after getting permission from the government. If he calls that extortion, then this is not acceptable. I am a central government employee, so I have to take due permission from my seniors and after that, I will take a legal course.”

“Allegations levelled against me are false and baseless. I never went to Maldives or Dubai with my sister Yasmeen Wankhede. I never went to Dubai post joining the service. I've never been to Dubai, whatever time he's stating that. There are mechanisms to check where a person is. So, it's completely false. I've never been to Dubai with my sister - what he's mentioning during the date and time. So, it's false & completely condemnable. Those are photos from Mumbai. I was in Mumbai. Sacchai ko koi cheez ki aanch nahi. Find out where I was, get data from the airport. Get everything verified through my passport and visa," Wankhede said while referring to Malik's tweet.

Wankhede hit the headlines after he exposed the high-profile drug party on the Cordelia cruise ship on October 2 in which Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan and seven others were arrested. So far, 20 arrests have been made in the case.

Follow Us:
Download App:
  • android
  • ios