- Anti-Corruption Bureau raids the properties of Medepalli Vijayaraju, the assistant commissioner of AP Endowments Department.
- Properties and wealth of over Rs 100 crores were found in various properties belonging to his family members and relatives.
- Simultaneous searches in Vijayawada, Bhimadole in West Godavari district, apart from Hyderabad are being conducted.
Various properties of Andhra Pradesh Endowments Department Assistant Commissioner Medepalli Vijayaraju’s (53) have been raided by the ACB (Anti-Corruption Bureau) and disproportionate assets worth more than Rs 100 crores have said to be unearthed.
Simultaneous raids at his residence in Nidamanuru near Vijayawada and his relatives and friend’s houses in Vijayawada, Bhimadole in West Godavari district and in Hyderabad have been conducted. According to ACB sources, the officer amassed disproportionate assets through dubious means.
Vijayaraju has worked from 1990 to 2004 in various departments in Hyderabad Endowments department commissioner office. He worked in Balkampet in Hyderabad, Cheruvugattu in Nalgonda, Penuganchiprolu in Krishna district, Tirumalagiri, Ganesh Temple in Secunderabad and Manyamkonda Devasthanam in Mahabubnagar District before presently working as Assistant Commissioner in AP.
ACB officers found 537 silk sarees, each worth between Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh which the devotees gifted the deities in the Temples. Officials revealed that he used his official status to get the sarees and also took gold ornaments.
The list of uncovered properties of Vijayaraju as reported by Tupaki news included:
- 100 square yards house plot in Saroornagar Gaddi in Annaram mandal
- 201 square yards house plot in Pothepalli in Krishna District
- 3300 square feet G plus one building
- 900 square feet guest house in Bhimadole crossroads
- 1500 square feet triple bedroom flat in Nidamanuru in outskirts of Vijayawada
Properties in his wife’s name:
- One acre land in G. Kothapalli in Bhimadole mandal
- 200 square yards plot in Bhimadole
- 196 Square yards plot in Kesarapalli village of Gannavaram mandal in Krishna District
Properties in his eldest son’s name
- 200 square yards plot in Ramachandrapura Agraharam in Guntur district
- 195.5 square yards plot in Gunupudi village of Bhimavaram mandal in West Godavari district
Properties in his youngest son’s name
- 1.57 acres agricultural land in Jagannadhapuram in Bhimadole mandal of West Godavari district
In his father Francis's name
- Two plots in 200 square yards in Vatluru village in Pedapadu mandal of West Godavari district
In his sister Ganji Vijaya Kumari’s name
- 200 square yards and 212 square yards in Bhimadole
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:42 PM IST