- The High Court asked the prosecution to present their argument on Friday, August 18
- In his plea, Dileep said that he has no connection with prime accused Pulsar Suni
- The actor's counsel also pointed out that the production work of four Malayalam films were interrupted
The Kerala High Court has deferred the verdict on actor Dileep's bail plea to August 18. The court also asked the prosecution to present their argument on the same day.
Dileep, arrested last month on charges of conspiracy in the actress attack case, had submitted the fresh bail plea at the High Court on Thursday, through his new counsel led by eminent lawyer B Raman Pillai. Earlier both the HC and the Angamaly court had rejected Dileep's bail applications.
In his plea, the actor said that he has no connection with prime accused Pulsar Suni, and that he had informed state police chief Loknath Behera about the call Suni made from jail the same day itself.
The actor's counsel also pointed out that the production and post-production work of four Malayalam films were interrupted due to his arrest, creating a financial crisis of Rs 50 crore in the Malayalam film industry.
Meanwhile, the prosecution maintained their argument that if Dileep is let off on bail, he would influence the investigation and could also destroy the missing mobile phone and memory card, which contain the visuals of the attack
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 7:06 PM