Karnataka extends shutdown for 10 more days as coronavirus cases reaches 14 in state
Karnataka chief minister BS Yediyurappa told the Assembly that the state has reported 14 positive cases of coronavirus till now.
Bengaluru: To prevent the spread of coronavirus in the state, the Karnataka government has announced that it has extended partial shutdown till March 31. On March 14, Karnataka chief minister BS Yediyurappa has ordered that schools, malls, night clubs, cinemas, and bars will be shut.
Shutdown was imposed in the state as the situation in Karnataka has worsened with more coronavirus cases being reported.
The chief minister told the Assembly that the state has reported 14 positive cases of coronavirus till now. Details of the 14th case has not been released yet.
He added that a task force composed of health minister B Sriramulu, medical education minister K Sudhakar, home minister Basavaraj Bommai and chief secretary Vijay Bhaskar has been formed to tackle the spread of the virus. It is also reported that all forms of mass gatherings have been restricted with weddings not permitted to have more than 150 guests. No political meetings or rallies will be allowed till further orders.
Earlier in the day, two more cases of coronavirus were reported from Karnataka's Bengaluru.