Asianet News English

Centre to increase pace of COVID-19 vaccination in July-August: Amit Shah

Talking to reporters after visiting a vaccination centre here, Shah said with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's decision to provide free vaccine against Covid-19 to people aged 18 and above, "we will fast achieve the goal of inoculating almost everyone".

Centre to increase pace of COVID-19 vaccination in July-August: Amit Shah-dnm
Author
Ahmedabad, First Published Jun 21, 2021, 11:19 AM IST
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp

Ahmedabad: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday said the central government has decided to increase the pace of vaccination against Covid-19 in July and August.

Talking to reporters after visiting a vaccination centre here, Shah said with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's decision to provide free vaccine against Covid-19 to people aged 18 and above, "we will fast achieve the goal of inoculating almost everyone".

"The central government has decided to increase the pace of vaccination in July and August," he added.

Shah said from Monday morning, an important journey has started in the fight against COVID-19 under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The PM had taken an important decision that the Centre will provide free of cost vaccination to those aged 18 and above, he said. In a country having such huge population, providing free vaccination is a big decision, he said.

On the International Yoga Day on Monday, the drive of free vaccine for all is being launched across the country, Shah said, adding that India was already on top in the vaccination programme.

"Now we will reach the target to vaccinate almost all very fast," he said.

Shah is on a two-day visit to Ahmedabad from Monday.

From today, the government will provide free vaccines to all above the age of 18. Earlier this month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the government would revert to a system of centralised procurement of Covid-19 vaccines and make jabs free for all adults. In this, the Centre will procure 75% of total vaccines and distribute it among states. Private sector hospitals will be able to purchase the rest 25% and charge a maximum of Rs 150 per dose.

As per the union health ministry, as many as 27,66,93,572 doses of Covid-19 vaccines have been administered across the country so far, including 38,10,554 on Sunday.

NOTE: Asianet News humbly requests everyone to wear masks, sanitize, maintain social distancing and get vaccinated as soon as eligible. Together we can and will break the chain #ANCares #IndiaFightsCorona  

Follow Us:
Download App:
  • android
  • ios