Asianet News English

All applications for Haj 2021 cancelled due to COVID-19, announces Haj Committee of India

Last week, the Saudi Arabian government decided to limit the upcoming Haj season to domestic pilgrims only with a maximum of 60,000 individuals in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.

All applications for Haj 2021 cancelled due to COVID-19, announces Haj Committee of India-dnm
Author
New Delhi, First Published Jun 15, 2021, 6:13 PM IST
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp

The Haj Committee of India on Tuesday cancelled all applications scheduled for Haj 2021. The decision came after Saudi Arabia announced that it has decided to allow citizens and residents only to attend Haj 1442 in limited numbers.

In a circular, the Committee said that the Ministry of Haj and Umrah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia issued a statement informing that due to corona pandemic conditions, only limited number of people would be allowed.

The Haj Committee of India released an official notification which read, "The Ministry of Haj & Umrah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia issued a statement that due to Coronavirus pandemic conditions, 'the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has decided to allow citizens and residents inside the Kingdom only to attend Haj 1442 in limited numbers. International Haj has been cancelled. Hence it has been decided by the Haj Committee of India that all the applications for Haj 2021 stand cancelled."

Last week, the Saudi Arabian government decided to limit the upcoming Haj season to domestic pilgrims only with a maximum of 60,000 individuals in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.

In a statement on Saturday, the Ministry of Haj and Umrah announced that "only 60,000 vaccinated residents and citizens living in the Kingdom will be allowed to perform this year's Haj pilgrimage due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic".

"Against the backdrop of what the world is witnessing and due to the continuous developments of the coronavirus pandemic as well as the emergence of new mutations, Haj registration will be limited to residents and citizens from inside the Kingdom only," the ministry said on Twitter.

Last year also the government had decided that Muslims from India will not travel to Saudi Arabia for Haj 2020 after the Kingdom conveyed that pilgrims should not be sent in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

NOTE: Asianet News humbly requests everyone to wear masks, sanitize, maintain social distancing and get vaccinated as soon as eligible. Together we can and will break the chain #ANCares #IndiaFightsCorona

Follow Us:
Download App:
  • android
  • ios