- Stress is a natural and common occurence
- It happens in our professional and personal life
- Here are some simple and effective tips to curb your stress
It happens to all of us. Whether it’s professional or personal work pressures, here some simple, effective and everyday tips to deal with stress.
Put on your favourite song, jig around, or simply lose yourself into your favourite tune.
When you’re not running on proper 8 hours of sleep, you’re unlikely to be sharp. You’re more likely to be more irritable and unfocused
- Don’t multitask:
In the quest of multitasking, nothing will be completed on time, and it will be half baked. Instead, focus on one thing at a time, and you find your stress levels reducing.
- Finish the bigger tasks first:
Do the one thing that you’ve been procrastinating over. Once, that’s out of the way then all the other smaller tasks becomes manageable, and you can plough through the day.
Go for a quick weekend getaway, or head to your favourite spa and get some quality me time. It could be as little as a 30-minute massage to a session of yoga, zumba or kickboxing.
- Start your day a little early:
Whether it's personal or professional, always start 15 minutes ahead of schedule, that way you can not only have a buffer and can reach a destination with time on your hands to prepare for the day.
- Practice mindfulness: In the hustle and bustle of daily life, we often forget the smaller and more meaningful things in life. So, remember to slow down and appreciate what you have going on for you.
- Be kind to yourself: It’s how you get back on to your feet that matters, and not what knocked you down in the first place. Don’t beat yourself up for something you did or didn’t do. Learn from those mistakes, and move on.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 7:04 PM