Asianet NewsableAsianet Newsable

2-year-old and 4-month-old consume pesticide mistaking it for juice; mother attempts suicide

Two kids, one aged two years and the other four months died after they consumed pesticide thinking it was juice. The police say the children while playing at home, took the bottle kept in the house, consumed the liquid in it and died.

Yadagir: In a bizarre incident, two children who were playing at home, gulped a bottle of pesticide thinking it was juice.


The victims are Khairoon aged 2 years and Afsana aged 4 months. It is said, that the two-year-old may have drunk the toxic liquid voluntarily and then must have fed the same to Afsana.


Mother Shahnaz was busy with her daily chores when the children got hold of the pesticide bottle. When she found both her children showing signs of discomfort, she noticed the pesticide bottle and realised that her two little ones have consumed pesticide.


In shock, the mother too attempted suicide. Neighbours and relatives rushed them to the nearby hospital where doctors declared the death of a the 4-month baby on arrival.

The treatment for two-year-old Khairoon was becoming a challenge. She was shifted to district hospital hours after they were admitted. However, even the 2-year-old girl succumbed.


The mother, who attempted suicide following the incident, is being treated at the hospital and is stable and a case has been registered at Wadagera Police station in Yadagiri.