Navratri 2022: Know 9 Do's and Don'ts devotees should follow during this auspicious festival
Navratri is an auspicious Hindu festival dedicated to Goddess Durga. It is one of the most revered Hindu festivals that spans over nine nights. This year Navratri is commencing on September 26 and will end on October 5 with Vijay Dashmi and Durga Visarjan. There are a few important rules that devotees should follow during the nine-day long festival.
Navrartri is an auspicious day dedicated to Goddess Durga. Navrartri is celebrated with great enthusiasm and joy across North and Eastern part of India. From dance performance to serving special dishes, devotee worship Goddess Durga.
It is one of the most revered Hindu festivals that spans over nine nights. This year Navratri is commencing on September 26 and will end on October 5 with Vijay Dashmi and Durga Visarjan.
Navratri comes twice a year Shradda i.e before Dusshera (October/November) and Chaitara Mah (March/April). These days, they worship Durga's nine avtaar. In Navratri, good triumphs over evil. Devotees work extremely hard these days to appease Lord Durga.
There are a few important rules that devotees should follow during the nine-day long festival.
Do's during Navratri:
- Keep in mind to bring all of the necessary items for the puja, including gangajal, coconut, red dupatta, roli, moli, Ashok leaves, durva, fruits, tulsi, dried fruits, cloves, sweets, rice, desi ghee, incense sticks, camphor, and bhel Patra.
- Akhand Jyot is lighted in front of Goddess Durga during the entire occasion.
- The most important thing is to wake up early and take a bath. Then, in order to appease Goddess Durga, some water must be sprinkled outside their home's main door. Additionally, this is the method used to placate Goddess Laxmi, who is a puritan.
- Gifts are given to girls, specifically those who are younger than ten years old since little girls are revered as goddess avatars.
- On the days of Navratras, worshippers should take extra care to keep themselves clean and wear neat, clean clothing.
Dont's during Navratri:
- Onion and garlic, being tamasic in nature are implied to be harmful to the body and the mind. One must follow a sattvic diet during these nine days.
- During Navratri, non-vegetarian eating is absolutely forbidden. During this occasion, one should abstain from alcohol and cigarettes as well.
- During Navratri, it is completely forbidden to cut your hair or nails. It is thought that doing something infuriates the Goddess, and as a result, one must suffer the consequences.
- During these nine days, refrain from getting into any disputes or battles. A happy and prosperous household draws happiness.