- The fire reportedly broke out at 3:35 am today.
- 10 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to bring it under control.
- Sources say the fire was caused due to a short circuit in the split AC in room no.242
A fire reportedly broke out at the Prime Minister's office at South Block, Raisina Hills at around 3:35 am today. A tweet from ANI said that a minor fire broke out at room number 242 on the second floor.
Speaking to India TV, a fire department official said that they received a call at around 3:35 am and seven fire tenders and 3 utility units were immediately sent to the high-security zone. The fire was immediately brought under control within 20 minutes, said Gurmukh Singh, division officer of the fire department.
He further added that a short circuit in the split AC could have caused the fire. A computer was reportedly damaged in the incident. The room is said to have belonged to a Section's officer. The South Block, where the fire was reported, also houses the Defence and the External Affairs ministries. The situation is said to be under control now and no casualties have been reported so far.
(More details are awaited.)
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:43 PM IST