Maharashtra govt bans jeans, T-shirts for office staff, advises Khadi on Friday
First Published Dec 12, 2020, 2:02 PM IST
Maharashtra government has come up with a dress code for its employees that bars them from wearing jeans and T-shirts to work, and advises them to wear Khadi every Friday.
Here are pointers of the Maharashtra government circular issued on December 8
* 'It has been pointed out that many employees, particularly contractual employees and advisors appointed for government work, dress up in a way that would be deemed inappropriate for a government employee. This tends to create a negative impression among the minds of people about government servants.'
* 'If the dress of officials and employees is unsuitable and unclean, it also has an indirect impact on their work.'
* Women staff members should wear chappals, sandals or shoes. Men should wear shoes or sandals. Slippers should not be worn in the office.
* Employees should refrain from wearing 'clothes with deep colours and strange embroidery patterns or pictures'.
* Employees must avoid wearing jeans and T-shirts in offices.
* Employees are required to wear khadi on Fridays.
How many players do you prefer playing with?