This is what happens if you use sanitiser everyday
First Published 23, Sep 2020, 1:52 PM
Ever wondered what happens to your body if you use sanitiser everyday, read to find out
Sanitisers has become a staple in our day-to-day lives from the time of COVID 19 outbreak. One might forget to carry other essentials while heading out, but a bottle of sanitiser is a must have.
The sale and usage of santisers had drastically gone up since COVID 19. Ever wondered what happens to your body when you use it everyday, let's dig in some facts.
Though sanitisers are known for killing germs and bacterias, they have some unpleasant side effects too.
Excess usage distrupts your microbiomes:
Sanitsers helps to kill the bacteria and germs on the skin, but they are so good at doing it that it ends up killing good bacteria too, the microbiomes. It may disrupt the whole healthy bacterial function. Hence, only use it when you don't have access to soap or water.
Too much use creates strong bacteria:
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, sanitisers with anti-bacterial ingredients and properties can create antibiotic-resistance bacteria. Hence washing your hands is preferable then reaching out to the bottle of sanitiser every now and then and develop those scary microbes.
Using hand sanitisers everyday will make your hands extremely dry and flaky. The key is to avoid using it if you have access to soap and water. Mosturising hands well is important to prevent it from getting dry.
Ingesting and inhailing sanitiser may lead to alcohol poisoning
If you ingest sanitiser, which is a pathetic idea, it will increase your risk of alcohol poisining. If gulped may lead to harmful complications. The Center for Disease Control says that children are ofetm at risk to ingets the sanitser, so keep it out of their risk.
If working with chemicals hand sanitisers can prove dangerous
If your work involves using ultra-strong cleaning, de-greasing agents or pesticides, hand sanitisers is the last thing you should reach to clean your hands. The combination of liquid gel and chemicals can be harmful for your body.