- Shivarajkumar's new movie 'Bangaara S/o Bangarada Manushya' is set for release on May 19
- The movie's premise is drawing comparisons with Dr Rajkumar's 'Bangarada Manushya'
- Costume designer-turned director Yogi G Raj is the director of the movie
Expectations are weighing down Hat-trick hero Shivarajkumar's new movie 'Bangaara S/o Bagarada Manushya' with the latter part of the title being compared with Dr Rajkumar's super-hit movie, 'Bangarada Manushya' of 1972. With Shivarajkumar starrer movie all set for the release on May 19, here's a quick-take on 'Bangaara S/o Bagarada Manushya'.
1. The movie is said to revolve around the hero who returns to his roots after staying for years abroad. The film shows the plight of farmers, today. Although the premise of Dr Rajkumar's 'Bangarada Manushya' was slightly different - he decides to work as a farmer to take care of his widow sister - the very fact that even the hero in the 1972 movie was raised in the city, has led the fans drawing comparisons between the movies. What more? The poster of Shivarajkumar where he is leading farmers in a field has a resemblance to the famous poster of 'Bangarada Manushya' where Dr Rajkumar is seen in a paddy field.
2. The 1972 movie directed by Siddalingaiah had in fact set the trend on going back to one's roots. In fact, many - then - inspired by the movie had left the city and took up farming in their villages. In fact, Dr Rajkumar's performance as 'Rajiv' in 'Bangarada Manushya' was so convincing and impressive that the Forbes had included Dr Rajkumar's performance in the movie on its list of "25 Greatest Acting Performances of Indian Cinema" to mark the centenary of Indian cinema in April, 2013. Fans are eager to know whether this movie being done by Dr Rajkumar's son - after 45 years - will have a similar impact.
3. Some of the noted actors - Shivaram and Honnavalli Krishna - who had acted in 'Bangarada Manushya' will also be seen in Shivarajkumar's movie which is sure to have the deja vu moment on the audience.
4. Interestingly, Puneeth Rajkumar starrer 'Raajakumara' had the traits of Dr Rajkumar's another classic cult movie, 'Kasturi Nivasa'. The movie went on to become the highest grosser of Sandalwood all-time with Rs 46 crores! With 'Bangaara S/o Bangarada Manushya' too "showcases the traits" of Dr Rajkumar's trend-setting movie, box office results will be keenly watched by trade pundits.
5. Known for his role as "machete wielding" mass hero, Shivarajkumar's new outing will be a special treat to his fans. In fact, his earlier movie, 'Chigurida Kanasu' where he played the character of a city lad who goes to village and settles there was a hit among the audience. His fans expect him to spell a similar magic on them.
6. The movie is being directed by costume designer-turned director Yogi G Raj. This is his second movie and Shivarajkumar has - in couple of interviews - only words to praise the young director.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:44 PM IST