- People of East Godavari district have been the target of a lot of frauds from scammers
- They are being cheated with hopes of employment, loans, doubling of money and many more
- The district police failed in catching these swindlers
East Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh has become a den for crooks and cheats with many people taking advantage of the innocence of the citizens to make easy money. Police negligence in nabbing these culprits and failing to keep an eye on these miscreants is another reason for the growing number of scammers in the district.
Here’s a list of some of the many scams that took place in recent times.
- People were cheated with the promise of Electricity Shift Operator posts. Huge amount was collected by the culprits and there are accusations of ruling party leaders’ hands in this scam.
- Incidents of collecting lakhs for Anganwadi workers and other related posts. The swindlers collected Rs 2 lakh to Rs 4 lakh for each post from the people.
- People were promised jobs in Cooperative departments after paying lakhs. They went missing after media published their atrocities.
- Bribes were collected for jobs in Animal Husbandry Department. There were accusations of money changing hands.
- Recently former home guard Harijana Govardhan in Kasapuram of Anantapur district collected Rs 3.43 lakh from three unemployed people with the promise of home guard jobs.
- Rajasekhar Naidu and Padala Rajesh Naidu opened Effluence Solutions consultancy in AV Apparao road in Rajamahendravaram. They promised to invest their money in shares which would yield profits. They collected Rs 56 lakh and closed their office.
- Nalla Prasad and Sailaja professed themselves to be JNTU employees and scammed Rs 1 crore in the name of jobs a year ago.
People in the hope of getting a job are easy targets for these scammers and they give them the asked money without making proper enquiries. The police failed to control these frauds which have also led to the increase of such swindling cases in the district.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:50 PM IST