Pulsar Suni, the main accused in the actress attack case, on Tuesday suggested that bigwigs from the Malayalam film industry are behind the crime. 

"Big sharks are involved in the crime and are yet to be caught," Suni told mediapersons while entering a court in Angamaly under heavy security. The police produced Suni before the judicial first class court as his remand period was set to expire on Tuesday. The remand term has now been extended till July 18. 

Dileep, Nadirshah seek legal advice; police ask duo not to leave state

Advocate BA Aloor, who appears on behalf of all the accused except Martin, said Suni does not want to apply for bail since he fears threat to his life. Suni, currently lodged at the Kakkanad district jail, had alleged conspiracy behind the attack last month.

Major developments are expected in the case in the next few days.  The investigation gained momentum on Monday after the probe team found evidence that Suni made calls to Nadirshah from jail and Dileep's manager Appunni before the attack.

Actress attack: Aju Varghese booked for Facebook post naming victim

The probe team is likely to question Dileep and Nadirshah again, along with Kavya Madhavan's mother Shyamala, in the next couple of days.  The trio has come under the police scanner with regard to a possible conspiracy behind the attack on the actress.

DGP Loknath Behera on Monday hinted at the possibility of certain arrests soon as part of the probe. However, since the case involves celebrities and other prominent personalities, the probe team has been asked to take extra caution and garner all necessary evidence before someone is taken into custody.