In a surprise move, actor Dileep, an accused in the actress attack case, filed his bail application at the Angamaly court on Thursday.
Dileep's counsel had earlier claimed that they would submit the bail plea at the Kerala High Court. However, they eventually opted for the first class judicial magistrate's court in Angamaly where he was first produced in the case.
The actor has sought conditional bail and the court will hear the plea on Saturday, September 16. The Angamaly court had rejected the actor's bail plea once, while the High Court has denied him bail on previous occasions.
Dileep, in his plea, submitted that the only charge the police have against him is that he has conspired with the perpetrators to capture nude visuals of the assaulted actress. The actor sought bail on the grounds that the probe team has failed to file the charge sheet against him even as he has been in judicial custody for 60 days.
Dileep has pledged to cooperate with the investigation completely and pointed out that charges against him are not of a rare nature to keep him in jail for a full 90 days before considering bail.
Meanwhile, the Aluva sub-jail superintendent has informed the Angamaly court that there was nothing extraordinary in actor-turned-politician and Pathanapuram MLA KB Ganesh Kumar's recent jail visit to see Dileep.
The superintendent, in his report, said that Ganesh and Dileep spoke only about personal matters. He said was present throughout their conversation and nothing related to the case was discussed there.