- Mohammed Haris Nalapad has been lodged in the Central Jail, Parappana Agrahara, for 10 days now
- Nalapad was charged with assault and attempt to murder of Vidvath, who is being treated in Mallya Hospital, currently
- His bail plea hearing was postponed earlier, now he will have to serve 14 days judicial custody in the Central Jail
Justice Parameshwara Prasanna of the 63rd Sessions Court heard the case of MLA NA Haris's son Mohammed Nalapad and his six associates and rejected the bail plea. Thus Nalapad will continue in Central Jail till Monday (March 5).
Mohammed Haris Nalapad has been lodged in the Central Jail, Parappana Agrahara, for 10 days now. Advocate Tommy Sebastian is arguing for Nalapad, whereas Special Public Prosecutor Shyam Sunder is fighting the case for the victim Vidvath.
Vidvath is still being treated at Mallya Hospital in Mumbai. However, there are also allegations that he is still being kept in the ICU, so that Nalapad does not get bail.
Vidvath was allegedly assaulted by Nalapad and his friends at Farzi Cafe, UB City on February 17. As soon as the CCTV footage was out, showing Nalapad and his associates assaulting Vidvath, Nalapad was missing from the scene.
After severe backlash, Nalapad surrendered to the police on February 19. Since then, he was in police custody for two days and then was handed over to judicial custody. Thus, Nalapad has been in Parappana Agrahara from February 21.
Nalapad and his associates' bail plea was postponed twice since February 24, and the verdict was reserved for today (March 2).
However, the reasons given by Vidvath's advocate for asking the court not to grant bail to Nalapad was:
1) Vidvath is in critical condition and is not in a position to give a statement
2) Accused tried to destroy proof
3) Tried to kill an injured Vidvath
4) Possibility of indulging in similar activities, if out on bail
Last Updated Apr 4, 2018, 7:11 PM IST