Gauri Lankesh murder: Investigation from eight dimensionskarnataka
| Saturday, September 16th, 2017
- The Gauri Lankesh case has proved to be a hard nut to crack till now with SIT having no clues after 11 days.
- Over 80 persons have been questioned and statement of 57 are taken.
- The Goa based Sanathana Samstha has issued a statement that they do not have a hand in Gauri’s killing.
The Gauri Lankesh case has proved to be a hard nut to crack till now with SIT having no clues after 11 days. Hence SIT is looking into all angles without leaving any corner untouched, including dissent, family issues and real estate. Over 80 persons have been questioned and statement of 57 are taken, reported Kannada Prabha.
After the Naxal chief Pendyala Varavara Rao issued a statement that Naxals had no hand in Gauri’s killing, the Goa based Sanathana Samstha has issued a statement that certain anti-Hindutva brigade is misleading the investigation by naming them. They have denied any hand in Gauri Lankesh’s killing.
The 8 dimensions the SIT is probing are:
- Right Wing ideology: Gauri Lankesh was a staunch critic of Right Wing ideology. She had invited the wreath of many in this regard. This could be the cause of killing. SIT is interrogating several from the Right Wing organisations.
- Tiger Wing: Tiger Wing is a pro-Hindutva outfit popular in the North Karnataka. They target prominent Muslim leaders. There are several instances of Tiger attacking those who question Hindu philosophy. However, it is not clear if Tiger had identified Gauri Lankesh as a target. Officials are following this track also.
- Naxal hand : Gauri Lankesh was involved in bringing Naxals into the main stream. One group of Naxals were unhappy about this. Did that faction do this? Police questioned former Naxals Sirimane Nagaraj and Noor Sridhar. However Naxals have stated that they did not do it.
- Real estate lobby: Gauri Lankesh had some dispute with a real estate builder regarding the farm the family owns at Nelamangala. One builder Arun Kumar wanted to make a layout next to it. Police summoned Arun Kumar and questioned him.
- Left ideology: Gauri Lankesh was pro-Left ideology and hence published very harsh write ups against Right Wing and BJP leaders. There is a suspicion that it could have triggered the killing.
- Defamation cases: There were several defamation cases filed against the tabloid. She was fined and even jail term was sentenced by the court. She paid the fine and obtained bail but continued to write her fierce columns. That angle is also being explored.
- Family misunderstandings: Gauri Lankesh had differences with her brother Indrajit Lankesh regarding ownership of Lankesh Patrike and also on property issue. She had lodged a police complaint with Basavanagudi station that Indrajit had drawn a gun and put it on her forehead. It was eventually withdrawn but police are questioning family members also.
- Pistol and Krishna valley connection: The pistol used to kill Gauri is the same that killed Prof M M Kalburgi. Hence police are on the track of Kalburgi, Vijayanagara criminals.