Three key projects were inaugurated in Gujarat on October 24 via video conferencing.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated three key projects in Gujarat on October 24 via video conferencing.
To provide day-time power supply for irrigation to farmers, the Gujarat Government under Chief Minister Vijay Rupani had recently announced the Kisan Suryodaya Yojana. Under this scheme, farmers will be able to avail power supply from 5 am to 9 pm. The state government has allocated a budget of Rs 3,500 crores for installing transmission infrastructure under this scheme by 2023.
The Prime Minister also inaugurated Paediatric Heart Hospital attached with the UN Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre and a Mobile Application for tele-cardiology at the Ahmedabad Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad.
The UN Mehta Institute of Cardiology is undergoing expansion at the cost of Rs 470 crores. The number of beds will increase from 450 to 1251 after the completion of the expansion project. The Institute will also become the biggest single super speciality cardiac teaching institute in the country and one of the biggest single super speciality cardiac hospitals in the world.
He also launched the Girnar ropeway in which initially, there will be 25-30 cabins, with a capacity of 8 people per cabin. A distance of 2.3 km will now be covered in just 7.5 minutes through the ropeway. In addition to this, the ropeway will also provide a scenic view of the lush green beauty surrounding the Girnar mountain.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and other Ministers, officials joined the inauguration event via video conferencing.
Here's what you should know about the three projects
Kisan Suryodaya Yojana
* Farmers will be able to avail power supply from 5 am to 9 pm.
* State government has allocated a budget of Rs 3500 crore
* Transmission infrastructure to be installed by 2023.
* 234 '66-Kilowatt' transmission lines, with total length of 3490 circuit kilometers, to be established
* Dahod, Patan, Mahisagar, Panchmahal, Chhota Udepur, Kheda, Tapi, Valsad, Anand and Gir-Somnath included under the Scheme for 2020-21.
* Remaining districts to be covered in a phase-wise manner by 2022-23.
Paediatric Heart Hospital + Tele-Cardiology Mobile App
* U.N Mehta Institute to become India's biggest hospital for cardiology
* Number of beds will increase from 450 to 1251 after expansion work.
* Institute will be the biggest single super-speciality cardiac teaching institute in the country
* Institute will be one of the biggest single super speciality cardiac hospitals in the world.
* Research centre to house India's first Advanced Cardiac ICU on Wheels with O.T, which is equipped with ventilators, IABP, haemodialysis, ECMO etc.
* 14 operation centres and 7 cardiac catheterization labs will also be started at the institute.
* Initially, there will be 25-30 cabins, with a capacity of 8 people per cabin.
* A distance of 2.3 kms will now be covered in just 7.5 minutes through the ropeway.
* Ropeway will provide a scenic view of the lush green beauty surrounding the Girnar mountain.
Last Updated 24, Oct 2020, 11:55 AM