On Wednesday, a cooking steamer exploded at a restaurant in Richmond Circle and claimed the life of an assistant cook while three of his colleagues also sustained burn injuries in the mishap. The emergency personnel rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
Bengaluru: A cooking steamer exploded at a restaurant in Richmond circle claiming the life of an assistant cook while three of his colleagues also sustained burn injuries in the mishap and fire. The emergency personnel rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
The deceased has been identified as Manoj alias Shiv, who hailed from Assam. The injured, Pradeep, Mohan and Naveen were shifted to a private hospital and their condition is said to be stable.
The incident occurred at around 8:15pm in New Udupi Upahar restaurant when the staff were cooking dinner.
It is reported that the steamer accidentally exploded and Manoj who was nearby suffered severe injuries.
About 60 customers who were present at the hotel ran out and escaped unhurt. The customers alerted fire and emergency personnel after hearing the explosion.
Two fire tenders and staff pressed into the service brought the situation under control after an hour.
Ashok Nagar police who inspected the incident spot have registered a case of negligence against the manager and hotel owner. The cops also sought a report from FSL to know the exact cause which led to the mishap for further investigation.
Last Updated 29, Oct 2020, 3:31 PM