- Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Has been sentenced to 20 years rigorous imprisonment
- No special treatment, to be treated as a common prisoner
- Victim seeks life sentence to Baba; his supporters seek bail, both decide to appeal the High Court
- Ram Rahim broke down, refused to leave the court, police had to drag him out
Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh also known as Rockstar Baba was announced guilty in the rape case of a Sadhvi. He has been sentenced to 10 years rigorous jail term. Here are 10 things you need to know about the Ram Rahim verdict.
1) Ram Rahim has been sentenced to 20 years jail term under IPC sections 376, 506 and 511
2) Ram Rahim pleaded the Court requesting leniency. He even broke down at the court.
3) No special treatment will be given to him and will be treated as a common prisoner, the court took officers to task for giving Ram Rahim VIP treatment after the arrest
4) He was sentenced to 10 years jail term each in two rape cases, the court also slapped a fine of Rs 29 lakh on Ram Rahim
5) Families of the victim will now to appeal to the High Court requesting for life sentence to Dera Chief
6) Ram Rahim's supporters will appeal to the HC to grant him bail
7) After the judgement, the Dera Chief refused to get out of the courtroom. He then had to be dragged out of the court by the police.
8) Ram Rahim will undergo medical test and then will be asked to wear prisoner's clothes
9) I have conducted blood donation camps said Ram Rahim in his defence
10) Judgement was passed in the jail court hall by the CBI Special Judge
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:31 PM