- The Commonwealth Games scam put Suresh Kalmadi behind the bars in Tihar Jail.
- The former Chief Minister of Karnataka, BS Yeddyurappa was allegedly involved in illegal iron ore scam in several districts of his state. He also lost his minister’s post for corruption.
Corruption and politics mostly go hand in hand in India. If one starts digging out data about the corrupt politicians, then there are high chances that he or she will run out of inks, papers or memory spaces in computers while filling those names.
A handful of cases of such corrupt politicians have come up and only a few have gone behind the bars and the latest being VK Sasikala, the former chief of AIADMK.
Here is a list of 10 most corrupted politicians in India:
- Suresh Kalmadi: He is almost a one-man army in this case. Kalmadi is the man behind the loss of hundreds of crores. The Commonwealth Games scam put him behind the bars in Tihar Jail.
- Andimuthu Raja: Remember the 2G Spectrum Scam? Yes, A Muthu was involved in the infamous 2G Spectrum Scam which was worth ₹ 1,76,000 crore.
- Mayawati: Everyone is aware of the fact that she has misused her post of the chief minister and has successfully amassed crores of rupees. Her display of power in Lucknow makes it evident how much she has in her kitty. She reportedly had paid tax of ₹ 26 crores in 2007-2008.
- Lalu Prasad Yadav: One of the most popular ministers India have ever had. Lalu was involved in the fodder scam in which a whopping ₹ 950 crore was embezzled.
- Sharad Pawar: He is considered as one of the most corrupt leaders in India. He was allegedly involved in the fake stamp case through which he has earned thousands of crores. A number of cases of corruption have been filed against him but he is still roaming free. He has also been at the helm of the BCCI as well.
- VK Sasikala: The recent phenomenon of Sasikala being accused by the Supreme Court for the Disproportionate Assets case has taken Tamil Nadu by storm. Sasikala has been sent behind the bars.
- Jayalalithaa: Amma, as she was popularly known as, had 46 corruption cases filed against her when she was alive. Coal import scam, Tansi land deal case disproportionate assets and much more such cases she was involved in.
- BS Yedurappa: The former Chief Minister of Karnataka, BS Yeddyurappa was allegedly involved in illegal iron ore scam in several districts of his state. He also lost his minister’s post for corruption.
- Madhu Koda: One of the most notorious ministers India have ever had. Koda was alleged of exploiting Jharkhand's natural resources by licensing illegal mining leases. He stashed away the wealth gathered while he was at power. He was arrested as well.
10.Mulayam Singh Yadav: Yet another corrupt minister that Uttar Pradesh has seen alongside Mayawati. Whenever there is a case of a disproportionate asset, Mulayam Singh’s name has popped up.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 7:07 PM