Asianet News English

Ankeet Chavan requests BCCI via MCA for ban revocation letter; read report

First Published Jun 6, 2021, 11:20 AM IST
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp

Ankeet Chavan is an Indian cricketer who was one of the three involved in the infamous spot-fixing scandal during IPL 2013. He was handed a life ban by the Board of Control for Cricket in India. However, his ban was later reduced to seven years, which got over last year.

Former Indian cricketer Ankeet Chavan was one of the players involved in the infamous spot-fixing scandal during the 2013 Indian Premier League. Along with S Sreesanth and Ajit Chandila, he was handed a life ban by the Board of Control for Cricket in India after being found guilty.

Former Indian cricketer Ankeet Chavan was one of the players involved in the infamous spot-fixing scandal during the 2013 Indian Premier League. Along with S Sreesanth and Ajit Chandila, he was handed a life ban by the Board of Control for Cricket in India after being found guilty.

However, eight years since, Chavan has requested the BCCI to issue him the ban revocation letter. Last year, Justice (Retd) DK Jain, the BCCI Ombudsman, had reduced his and Sreesanth's ban to seven years, which got over in September 2020.

However, eight years since, Chavan has requested the BCCI to issue him the ban revocation letter. Last year, Justice (Retd) DK Jain, the BCCI Ombudsman, had reduced his and Sreesanth's ban to seven years, which got over in September 2020.

Although Sreesanth received his order even before his ban ended, Chavan had to wait until May 3 to get the same. As he looks to return to competitive cricket, he has requested the BCCI through Mumbai Cricket Association to give him the confirmation of the same via a letter.

Although Sreesanth received his order even before his ban ended, Chavan had to wait until May 3 to get the same. As he looks to return to competitive cricket, he has requested the BCCI through Mumbai Cricket Association to give him the confirmation of the same via a letter.

"My ban has been reduced by the Ombudsman last year and the quantum of sentence was seven years which ended in September 2020. On May 3, I have got a letter from Ombudsman, which is already marked to the BCCI. This was after a virtual hearing on April 19, when I was called upon by the Ombudsman," he told PTI.

"My ban has been reduced by the Ombudsman last year and the quantum of sentence was seven years which ended in September 2020. On May 3, I have got a letter from Ombudsman, which is already marked to the BCCI. This was after a virtual hearing on April 19, when I was called upon by the Ombudsman," he told PTI.

"I got letter from Ombudsman that my ban has been reduced to seven years. I had written to BCCI president, secretary and CEO for a letter which states that my ban has been reduced. Since I didn't get that letter, I had to write to MCA, requesting them to write to BCCI for that letter. Once the letter comes, I can officially start playing again," he concluded.

"I got letter from Ombudsman that my ban has been reduced to seven years. I had written to BCCI president, secretary and CEO for a letter which states that my ban has been reduced. Since I didn't get that letter, I had to write to MCA, requesting them to write to BCCI for that letter. Once the letter comes, I can officially start playing again," he concluded.

The Mumbai-based all-rounder played for Rajasthan Royals in the IPL between 2012-13, claiming eight wickets in 13 innings. The 35-year-old also played for Mumbai in the domestic circuit between 2007-13 and was prominently effective in the shortest and the longest format.

 

NOTE: Asianet News humbly requests everyone to wear masks, sanitise, maintain social distancing and get vaccinated as soon as eligible. Together we can and will break the chain #ANCares #IndiaFightsCorona

The Mumbai-based all-rounder played for Rajasthan Royals in the IPL between 2012-13, claiming eight wickets in 13 innings. The 35-year-old also played for Mumbai in the domestic circuit between 2007-13 and was prominently effective in the shortest and the longest format.

 

NOTE: Asianet News humbly requests everyone to wear masks, sanitise, maintain social distancing and get vaccinated as soon as eligible. Together we can and will break the chain #ANCares #IndiaFightsCorona

Follow Us:
Download App:
  • android
  • ios