It is reported that a paramedic who responded to the 911 emergency call told staff members, law enforcement officers and others that the "Purple Rain" singer may have been dead for more than six hours, reported Us magazine.
Prince was found with prescription painkillers in his home when he died, and had been battling a decade-old addiction to opioids.
Sources said that the singer had in fact become "increasingly agitated" in the days following an overdose that prompted his plane to make an emergency landing on April 15.
In an attempt to remedy the situation, a staff member at Paisley Park called someone in New York in the early hours of April 20 seeking advice on how to calm Prince down.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 7:05 PM IST