- TDP-led Andhra government has let go 23 ministers off criminal charges.
- Among the one's who were easily let go include minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao, Deputy Chief Minister K.E. Krishna Murthy, Minister Nakka Ananda Babu and others.
- All the 23 politicians belonged to the ruling party.
It has come to light that the TDP-led Andhra Government has withdrawn 23 criminal cases against politicians belonging to the ruling party since the time it has come to power. Among those against whom the charges have been withdrawn include MLAs, MLCsand other ministers.
Experts believe that even though the government has reasons to justify the withdrawal of prosecution of ministers involved in the Samaiky-andhra cases, pertaining to election offences, other crimes out of it can still not be justified. For instance, why was the case of molestation and hurt against minister K. Atchannaidu was withdrawn? Similarly, how did minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao get a clean chit when he was charged in an attempt to murder case.
Some of the other ministers also include Deputy Chief Ministers K.E. Krishnamurthy and N. Chinarajappa, ministers Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, Speaker Kodela Siva Prasada Rao, Kollu Ravindra, and Nakka Anand Babu. Some such cases, as highlighted by the Deccan Chronicle, that have come to light include the following:
- Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao from Anakapalli Assembly Constituency was booked in 2009 under Cr.No.15/2009 for attempt to murder (307 IPC), voluntarily causing hurt to the public (332), causing grievous hurt and criminal trespass and for unlawful assembly.
- Deputy Chief Minister K E Krishna Murthy was booked under section 130 of the Representation of People's Act (offence during polling day) and section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (violating orders of public servant) on the file of the Judicial First Class Magistrate’s Court, Dhone. However, that too have been withdrawn.
- Prosecution against Minister Nakka Ananda Babu who represents Vemuru Assembly constituency, Guntur district, and four others involved in a 2013 case has also been withdrawn. They were booked under section 353 for assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty.
- Cases against Kinjarapu Atchannaidu, Minister for Labour & Employment, Factories, Youth & Sports under sections 354 (molestation), 323 (hurt), 506(1) & (2) read with 34 (criminal intimidation), of the Indian Penal Code were also withdrawn.
- A public nuisance case in 2014 on Kollu Ravindra has been withdrawn recently.
- Cases against former MLA Nagam Janardhan Reddy, TS MLA Y. Dayakar Rao, the then MLA Ranganayakulu, former MLA B.C. Govindappa, fomer MLC Mettu Govinda Reddy, Minister Devineni Maheswara Rao, former MLAs V Narendra Reddy, Hareeshwar Reddy, Babu Ramesh, Padala Aruna, and Lalitha Kumari, Deputy CM Chinnarajappa, and former legislators Narayana Rao, Y Rajendra Prasad, Masala Padmaja, Amarnatha Reddy and Minister Atchannaidu, were also withdrawn.
- A case against Giddalur MLA M Ashok Reddy who joined TD in June 2016 has been withdrawn. The case against ex MLA M Shajahan Basha of Chittoor district, has been withdrawn, as has a case against MLC Reddy Subrahmanyam and MLA Gollapalli Surya Rao of Razole.
- Two cases against Minister Kollu Ravindra and 14 others and one another minister have also been withdrawn.
- Cases have been withdrawn against TD leader Batchula Arjunudu and Minister Kollu Ravindra. A 2012 case against MLA Ananda Rao of Amalapuram in Godavari district has also been withdrawn.
- Cases against YSRC leaders who defected to the TD were also withdrawn.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 7:02 PM