- The victim, a 24-year-old man, was a habitual drinker.
- The incident happened on April 14 and he succumbed to his injuries on April 23.
In a bizarre incident, a 24-year-old man succumbed to his injuries after catching fire in a freak accident on April 23 at Salem Government Medical College and Hospital, in Tamil Nadu.
Ramesh, a resident of Thathanur in Ariyalur district, in an intoxicated state allegedly took a bath with kerosene mistaking it to be water and then caught fire while lighting up a beedi, The New Indian Express cited sources as claiming. This incident happened on April 14.
Ramesh’s body instantly caught fire, and his screams attracted the attention of the neighbours who took him to a nearby hospital where he was referred to the government hospital. His father has filed a complaint in the Rishivandiyam Police Station.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:48 PM IST