From Yash's KGF to Puneeth Rajkumar's Natasarvabhouma: Top 5 grossers in Sandalwood
Films such as Villain and KGF have made heads turn for being made with high-budgets, a concept very new to the Kannada film industry. That apart, some of the latest Sandalwood movies have been breaking box office records too.
From Mahesh Babu to more, many have been heaping praises on Sandalwood for some of the finest films produced. Films such as Villain and KGF have made heads turn for being made with high-budgets, a concept very new to the Kannada film industry. That apart, some of the latest Kannada movies have been breaking box office records too. KGF Chapter 1 marked the end of 2018 and Nata Sarvabhouma marked the beginning of 2019.
Let's list the top Day 1 grossers in the Kannada film industry:
1. Almost touching the Rs 300 crore club is KGF Chapter 1. The action film starring Yash has already bagged Rs 240 crore worldwide and on the first day, KGF collected Rs 13.88 crore.
2. Villain starring Shivrajkumar and Sudeep didn't do as expected. The hype around the film faded soon after its release. The film on day 1 collected Rs 9.12 crore.
3. Natasarvabhouma starring Puneeth Rajkumar and Rachita Ram released last week. While the film caters to Puneeth's fans, it didn't run to a houseful in many theatres. The film grossed Rs 7.9 crore on the day of release.
4. Puneeth Rajkumar's film Raajakumara that released in 2017 collected Rs 7.30 crore on the first day and turned out to be quite a hit among the masses.
5. Puneeth Rajkumar, fondly known as the Power Star, packed a punch with another film Anjaniputra that released in 2017. Having collected Rs 6.61 crore on the day of its release, the film successfullu completed 75 days in the theatres.