Addressing the media at the end of his two-day visit to West Bengal, Union Home Minister Amit Shah made it clear that the in the coming assembly elections people of the state will have to choose between dynasty and development, and between TMC's minority appeasement and BJP's 'Sonar Bangla' (golden Bengal) vision.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has reiterated that the Narendra Modi government is committed to implementing Citizenship Amendment Act across the country.
Addressing the media at the end of his two-day visit to West Bengal, Shah made it clear that the in the coming assembly elections people of the state will have to choose between dynasty and development, and between TMC's minority appeasement and BJP's 'Sonar Bangla' (golden Bengal) vision.
Here are other key point Amit Shah made in his media briefing.
* We are going to form a BJP government in Bengal in the coming elections with more than 200 seats
* The Trinamool Congress has not backed off from corruption despite the cyclone and the corona pandemic. Appeasement has created doubts in the minds of a large section of people in Bengal. In West Bengal there are three laws -- one for the nephew, one for minority appeasement and one for common people.
* The governor is working within constitutional limits, words used against him are unacceptable.
* Bengal tops the chart in political killings; I want to ask Mamata Banerjee to come out with a white paper on the killings
* I want to ask Mamata why she hasn't sent crimes records of West Bengal since 2018 to the National Crime Records Bureau? What are you trying to hide and why? The people want to know about the law and order situation in the state.
* Our aim is clear -- Bengal should develop, the country's borders remain secure and infiltration into Bengal stops. TMC and Mamata's only goal is to make the nephew the chief minister in the next term. Now, the people of Bengal have to decide whether they want dynasty or development.
* Plagued by the communist rule, Mamata Banerjee was given Bengal's command. But today the slogan of Maa, Mati and Manush has been replaced by appeasement, dictatorship and 'tollbaazi'. The Trinamool government has not been able to meet the expectations of the people.
* The TMC govt and CM of West Bengal have not been able to live up to expectations in the last 10 years. The promises have not been fulfilled and the hope has been transformed into anger against the ruling party.
Last Updated 6, Nov 2020, 8:00 PM