Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday reiterated India's capability to be a global force multiplier.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday reiterated India's capability to be a global force multiplier. Addressing the India Energy Forum, Prime Minister Modi said "energy security is at the core of India's efforts to be a force multiplier for the world economy." Here are highlights of PM Modi's address
* India's energy map will have 7 key drivers.
1. Accelerating our efforts to move towards a gas based economy.
2. Cleaner use of fossil fuel, particularly petroleum and coal.
3. Greater reliance on domestic source to drive bio-fuels.
4. Achieving the target of 450 GW by 2030.
5. Increasing the contribution of electricity to decarbonise mobility.
6. Moving into the emerging fuels including hydrogen.
7. Digital innovations across all energy systems.
* Our refining capacity will increase from about 250 to 400 MMT per annum by 2025. Increasing domestic gas production has been a government priority as well. We plan to achieve One Nation, One Gas Grid and shift towards a gas-based economy
* We have further extended this goal to 450 GW by 2030. India has one of the lowest carbon emissions than rest of the industrialized worlds
* India will always work keeping in mind global goals. We're well on track to meet the commitment we made to the global community. We had aimed to increase the renewable energy installed capacity by 175 GW by 2022
* A self-reliant India will also be a force multiplier for the world economy. Energy security is at the core of our efforts.
* In the last six years, over 11 million smart LED street lights were installed. This has enabled an estimated energy saving of 60 billion units per year. The estimated greenhouse gas emission reduction with this programme is over 4.5 crore tonnes of CO2 annually. We also saved around Rs 24,000 crore annually from the same
* With a smaller carbon footprint, our energy sector will be growth-centric, industry-friendly and environment-conscious. That is why India is one of the most active nations in furthering renewable source of energy
* India's energy plans aims to ensure energy justice. That too, while fully following our global commitments for sustainable goals.
* India's energy future is bright and secure; energy consumption to double over the long term
* India's first automated national level gas trading platform was launched in June this year. This prescribes standard procedures to discover the market price of gas. We're moving forward with a vision of Aatmanirbhar Bharat
Last Updated 26, Oct 2020, 7:10 PM