Following this diet plan will help you get a flat tummy in just 15 days
First Published 3, Sep 2020, 2:07 PM
The biggest problem area for dieters is their waist. Even though they are able to shed off kilos from other areas on their body, reaching a slimmer waist is a daunting task. And once they finally achieve a slimmer waist, the next uphill task is to flatten a bulging tummy.
The main issue behind our inability to lose fat from the tummy area lies in the wrong meal times we have been following for as long as we can remember. Unlike the west, where dinner is set before 8 pm, in a typical Indian home, dinner is no time before 8 pm, if not 9. This is where Indians lose as there is nothing wrong in our diet.
We have the perfect combination of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, fiber and minerals. Some would even argue that we have the yummiest food but the fact remains that our meal times are the unhealthiest of the lot.
A slimmer waist requires constant effort and an organized method to be followed. This includes meals that help you feel less bloated and more energetic. The trickiest part of any weight loss is achieving a slimmer waist and a flat belly.
This is because the abdominal and pelvic area has the most stubborn fat which takes time to burn. If done in a rash manner, it can double the amount of inches to your waist which will take forever for you to lose.
A slimmer waist is easy to achieve but takes time to be attained permanently. Along with exercise regime, dietary modification is extremely important. Here we have curated a 15-day meal plan for a slimmer waist. We have given a 5-day meal plan which you can repeat in 3 cycles. An important thing to remember is that it is essential to match up your diet with exercise and vice versa. If you feel discomfort with any food, stop it right away.
Some key points to remember:
1. Dinner before 8 pm and no meal post this, not even fruits.
2. Drink minimum 2 litres of water and maximum 4 litres of water every day.
3. Do not do anything in excess, including exercise.
4. You need to stick to a minimum 30 minutes of exercise every day for 7 days.
5. Plan your meals well in advance to make the most of it.
· Morning: 1 banana and green tea
· Breakfast: Oats with veggies with one bowl of fruits
· Mid-morning: Handful of nuts
· Lunch: Two rotis, dal, subzi, salad
· Snack: 1 glass chaach
· Dinner: Grilled vegetables or grilled chicken and quinoa salad
· Morning: Handful of nuts and green tea
· Breakfast: Banana milkshake and three egg omelette with veggies
· Mid-morning: Bowl of fruits
· Lunch: Rice, dal, subzi, salad, yoghurt
· Snack: Handful of roasted peanuts
· Dinner: Dal, subzi, big bowl of salad
· Morning: 1 apple with green tea
· Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, fruit yoghurt, 1 toast with cheese
· Mid-morning: Chickpea salad
· Lunch: Dal, subzi, brown rice, salad, yoghurt
· Snack: fruit salad
· Dinner: Sauteed vegetables, salad and tomato soup
· Morning: Amla with green tea
· Breakfast: Besan chila in less oil, mint chutney and 1 glass of milk
· Mid-morning: Peanut salad
· Lunch: Dal, subzi, multigrain roti, salad, yoghurt
· Snack: Handful of dried fruits
· Dinner: Broccoli soup with 1 multigrain toast
· Morning: 10 almonds with green tea
· Breakfast: Oats idli with sambhar
· Mid-morning: 1 glass chaach
· Lunch: Dal, subzi, red rice, salad
· Snack: handful of nuts
· Dinner: Lentil soup and veggies