IPL 2021, PBKS vs RR: RR secures dramatic 2-run win, here are the records scripted
The IPL 2021 has been off to a flying restart in the UAE. Meanwhile, former champions Rajasthan Royals faced off against Punjab Kings, as the former pulled off a dramatic win to set some records.
It was a phenomenal performance from former champion Rajasthan Royals. On Tuesday, it tamed Punjab Kings by just two runs in Match 32 of the 2021 Indian Premier League (IPL) at the Dubai International Stadium. Meanwhile, here are the records that were scripted.
Adil Rashid joins a unique list on debut
Rashid played 201 career Twenty20 (T20) games before making his IPL debut tonight. He happens to be the third player to have played the most T20s before the IPL debut after Dawid Malan (227) and Joe Denly (202).
Arshdeep Singh scripts some glorious ones
Arshdeep was instrumental with figures of 5/32. As a result:
- He became the fourth uncapped Indian with the best figures after Ankit Rajpoot (5/14), Varun Chakravarthy (5/20) and Harshal Patel (5/27).
- He is only the second after Anil Kumble to claim a fifer against RR.
- He is the third-youngest (22 years and 228 days) to bag an IPL fifer after Alzarri Joseph (22 years and 168 days) and Jaydev Unadkat (21 years and 204 days).
- He is the third from PBKS to take an IPL five-for.
KL Rahul enters 3k club
Rahul scored his 3,000th IPL run tonight. He has become the second-fastest to do so in 80 innings, while his teammate Chris Gayle did so in 75 innings. Also, Rahul has been dropped eight times this season, which is the most for any player in IPL 2021.
Rahul and Agarwal nail it
Rahul and Agarwal contributed to a 120-run opening stand, which was their fifth. Consequently:
- It is the best for a PBKS pair, going past Rahul-Chris Gayle.
- It is the joint-most by an Indian pair, along with Robin Uthappa-Gautam Gambhir.
- It is the fourth joint-most in the IPL.
- However, the pair's stand was also the second-highest opening stand in the IPL, ending in a defeat after Gambhir-Uthappa's 121.
Kartik Tyagi joins a special list
Tyagi managed to defend less than six runs in the final over. Therefore, he became only the second man in the IPL after Munaf Patel to do so.
- It happened to be RR's third joint closest margin of IPL win.
- It was PBKS's joint second-closest margin of defeat.
Winning the toss, PBKS elected to bowl as RR came up with a resounding batting display. Although PBKS threatened during the chase, Tyagi's magical final over saw RR through.
Brief scores: RR 185 in 20 overs (Lewis- 36, Jaiswal- 49, Lomror- 43; Arshdeep- 5/32, Shami- 3/21) defeats PBKS 183/4 in 20 overs (Rahul- 49, Agarwal- 67, Pooran- 32; Tyagi- 2/29) by two runs.
NOTE: Asianet News humbly requests everyone to wear masks, sanitise, maintain social distancing and get vaccinated as soon as eligible. Together we can and will break the chain #ANCares #IndiaFightsCorona