Video: 5 best romantic movies of Dileep and Kavya
- Dileep and Kavya Madhavan, are a much-celebrated onscreen pair.
- Both have acted together in nearly 19 movies, of which a majority of them were box-office hits.
Malayalam film industry’s super hit jodi Dileep, Kavya Madhavan are always in the news for many reasons. Both have acted together in nearly 19 movies, of which a majority of them were box-office hits. Dileep and Kavya Madhavan, are a much-celebrated onscreen pair, like the pairs of Mohanlal -Shobhana and Mammootty-Sumalatha from the past.
So, here we have 5 best movies of Dileep-Kavya.
1. Chandranudikkunna Dikkil (1999): This was the first time the couple had come together for a film. This film also marked Kavya's debut as a lead actress. Kavya was only 14 at the time of the movie and there are reports that she even called Dileep 'uncle' when she met him for the first time. Lal Jose was spot on in selecting her as the lead actress.
2) Thenkashipattanam (2001): During that time, Dileep was a rising star and Kavya Madhavan was an actress who had slowly started making a mark in the Mollywood. In the movie, Dileep and Kavya were not the lead stars, but it was their pair that sparkled in the film.
3) Meesamadhavan (2002): The roles of Madhavan and Rukmini were played brilliantly by Dileep and Kavya Madhavan, respectively, and their onscreen chemistry was amazing in this film. It marked the beginning of Dileep's stardom in Malayalam industry.
4) Thilakkam (2003): Dileep did a fabulous job in this movie, as the mentally challenged 'Unni'. He was equally well supported by Kavya, who portrayed the character of Unni's love interest, Ammu. The movie had some good comical moments, melodious songs and a perfect storyline, that all added to the success of the film.
5. Vellaripravinte Changathi (2011): The story of the movie was set in two different eras, the present and in the 1960's. Hence, Kavya and Dileep had to appear in two different get-ups. Both pulled it off with elan, and later, Dileep went on to win his first state award for the best actor.
Nearly after a gap of 5 years, in 2016 they come together for a movie Pinneyum which was made by ace director Adoor Gopalakrishnan.