Here is a roundup of all the Covid-19 updates from across the country. Read and be informed.
1) Delhi High Court has asked the Centre to immediately stop the supply of oxygen for industrial purposes.
2) Vipul Srivastava, Associate Manager, Linde O2 Plant, Faridabad says tankers with liquid oxygen to leave in an hour's time for supply to 15 hospitals -- Delhi (8), Faridabad (4), Gurugram (2) and Rajasthan (1).
3) Delhi High Court observes: "Today the position is hospitals have run dry of Oxygen. We know the position. This is really ridiculous. You are concerned about the industries while people die. An emergency of such a nature. That means human lives doesn't matter for the government."
4) Single day rise of 2,95,041 COVID-19 infections, 2,023 fatalities push India's tally of cases to 1,56,16,130, death toll to 1,82,553.
5) Government has waived off import duties on Remdesivir and its raw material. The move would bolster domestic availability and reduce the cost of the injection, which is used in the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
6) Union Education Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal has tested positive for Coronavirus.
7) HLL Lifecare Limited has invited bids to procure imported Liquid Medical Oxygen. The company aims to procure approx 50,000 Metric Ton of Imported Medical Oxygen for distribution among various central and state government hospitals in India.
8) States have administered 13 crore vaccine doses so far. Another few crores are in stock or in the pipeline. Central Government has given these doses to state governments for free.
9) Assam government announces that will provide free COVID-19 vaccines to all people aged 18 to 45.
10) Steel Authority of India Limited has supplied more than 35,000 tons of 99.7 per cent pure liquid medical oxygen for Covid relief from its 5 steel plants. In the last 5 days itself, SAIL has supplied LMO at more than an average of 600 tonnes per day, which is probably one of the largest quantities in India.
11) Haryana schools will be closed from April 22 until May 31 for summer vacation.
12) Chhattisgarh government has decided to conduct a Covid test at entry points for security personnel returning from leave.
13) Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani received his first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in Gandhinagar.
14) Air India flights to and from the United Kingdom has been cancelled from April 24 to April 30, due to new restrictions announced by the UK.
15) Nepal's former King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah and Queen Komal Devi Shah have tested positive for Covid-19. The Royal couple has been on a pilgrimage to Haridwar. Both of them are in home isolation and their contacts are being traced.
16) India has administered the first vaccine dose to more than 90 per cent of the registered Health Care Workers. The national average stands at 87.17 per cent.
17) Andaman and Nicobar administration has decided to suspend tourism activities on the islands from April 22 till further notice.
18) Night curfew imposed in the state from 10 pm to 6 am, from Wednesday. Casinos, restaurants, bars, and cinema halls are allowed to operate at 50 per cent capacity.
19) Central government released more data on the vaccination process. Out of 11.6 crore people vaccinated using Covishield, only 0.02% (17,145) tested positive after the first dose and 0.03% (5,014) tested positive after the second dose. Of the 1.1 crore people vaccinated using Covaxin, 0.04% (4,208) tested positive after the first dose while 0.04% (695) tested positive after the second dose.
20) Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan says that all those aged above 18 years will be administered the Covid vaccine for free.
21) Second Oxygen Express carrying around 7-8 empty tankers to Bokaro and back will start on April 21 night from Lucknow. Many more Oxygen Rails planned in the coming days by Indian Railways.
22) Goa Board postponed Class 10 and 12 examinations. The Board will inform 15 days in advance before holding the exams.
23) Andhra Pradesh reported 9,716 new Covid-19 cases, 38 deaths and 3,359 recoveries in the last 24 hours.
24) Max Hospital in Delhi wrote to Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain on the shortage of oxygen supply at its hospital in Shalimar Bagh locality. Max Hospital claimed that the Oxygen tanker meant for it was diverted to AIIMS which led to Max Hospital's oxygen tanks running dry.
25) Congress demands one nation, one price for Covdi-19 vaccines, says state governments will be under huge financial burden due to differential pricing.
26) Department of Biotechnology Secretary Renu Swarup says six Indian firms, including Dr Reddy's, will collectively produce 70 crore doses per annum of Russian vaccine Sputnik V.
27) Karnataka records 23,558 fresh Covid-19 cases, 6,412 discharges and 116 fatalities in the last 24 hours. With this, the case tally has reached 12,22,202 while active cases are at 1,76,188.
28) Andhra Pradesh has reported 9,716 new Covid-19 cases, taking the caseload to 9,86,703. Covid-19 fatalities in the state increased to 7,510 with 38 more deaths.c29) Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has requested the Centre to increase the city's quota of oxygen supply as nearly 18,000 patients are currently admitted to hospitals in the city.
30) AIIMS Director Dr Guleria has clarified that Remdesivir is not a magic bullet. "In Covid, more than 85% of people will recover without any specific treatment in the form of Remdesivir etc. Most will have symptoms like a common cold, sore throat etc. Over 5-7 days, they'll recover with symptomatic treatment. Only 15% may go to moderate disease," he said.
31) France has imposed a 10-day quarantine for travellers from India.
32) Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij has accused the Delhi government of stealing oxygen from a tanker that was on its way to Faridabad hospitals on Tuesday. To avoid any more such alleged incidents, Vij issued instructions that all oxygen tankers will now be escorted by the state police force.
33) Noted Bengali poet Shankha Ghosh passes away days after testing positive for Covid-19.
34) Mumbai has reported 7,684 new Covid-19 cases, 6790 recoveries and 62 deaths in the last 24 hours.
35) At least 38 women lodged in Byculla women's jail have tested positive for Covid-19. There are active Covid-19 cases in at least 25 of Maharashtra's prisons.
36) Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has appealed to the Centre to provide vaccines free of cost to the states. "The state governments have been asked to buy vaccines. But states are already going through a financial burden because of COVID-19. Instead of pushing states to further economic crisis, the Centre should give vaccines to the states for free," he said.
37) Meanwhile, Kerala has reported 22,414 fresh Covid-19 infections and 22 deaths. While 5,431 people recovered from the disease, the death toll has touched 5,000.
38) Gujarat has registered 12,553 new Covid-19 cases, 4802 discharges and 125 fatalities in the last 24 hours.
39) Congress MP Shashi Tharoor has tested positive for Coronavirus
40) Kerala government to provide Covid-19 vaccine free of cost for all above 18 years of age.
41) West Bengal Congress chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury has tested positive for Covid-19.
42) In Maharashtra, 67,468 Covid-19 positive cases, 568 deaths and 54,985 cured and discharge reported.
43) Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has formed a three-member committee headed by the state Chief Secretary to hasten the acquisition of life-saving equipment.
44) Odisha government has cancelled the Class 10 Board exam due to the Covid surge. Earlier, the government had postponed the state board exam.
45) Parents of cricketer MS Dhoni have been admitted at Pulse Superspeciality Hospital in Ranchi, Jharkhand, after testing positive for Covid-19. Their oxygen level is stable.
46) West Bengal has reported the highest one-day spike of 10,784 COVID-19 cases, 58 fresh fatalities.
47) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announces that the state government will provide free COVID vaccination to all aged above 18.
48) Rights panel in Rajasthan seeks report after two Covid patients die of 'low oxygen supply in a hospital.
49) Haryana government clarifies that media reports regarding the Faridabad district administration taking over control of the Linde plant in Faridabad are malicious, false & baseless. "Oxygen supply from this plant interrupted due to some technical reason & supply likely to resume soon," the Haryana Information and Public Department said.
50) Election Commission has rejected TMC's demand to club the remaining 3 phases of West Bengal assembly elections into one in the wake of the second wave of Coronavirus pandemic.
Last Updated Apr 21, 2021, 9:22 PM IST