Over 400 people across the country tested positive for the COVID-19 virus in the past two days after the attendees of the Tablighi Jamaat religious congregation spread out across the country infecting others
New Delhi: The Tablighi Jamaat gathering must have been conducted in Delhi’s Nizamuddin area but it has left a trail of destruction across the country, with over 400 people testing positive for the COVID-19 virus in just the past three days.
Even after repeated requests from the government of India to stay indoors, and avoid social and religious gatherings in wake of the coronavirus pandemic, the Islamic movement went ahead with their congregation, putting several lives at risk.
The fact that the Covid-19 virus spread faster through contact made it worse after the attendees left Delhi and travelled back to their hometowns and other far off places in India, up till the Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
The preacher of Tablighi Jamaat Maulana Muhammad Saad Kandhlawi has been slapped with a 26 question notice by the Delhi police over the sudden surge in the coronavirus affected patients in India because majorly belonged to the Jamaat and their contacts.
As Muhammad Saad remains missing, the Delhi police today pasted anotice with the 26 questions at his farmhouse in Shamli near Delhi, while the Jamaat members who have been rounded up refuse to take tests in several hospitals across India.
Delhi Police has slapped a notice with 26 questions to #TablighiJamaat Amir Maulana Saad at his Jamia residence. Saad continues to be absconding. Earlier Delhi Police had filed an FIR against him for violating Delhi Govt #COVID19 guidelines. Photos of his Shamli farmhouse. pic.twitter.com/vcVo1ZEESQ— Aditya Raj Kaul (@AdityaRajKaul) April 3, 2020
Details of the Delhi Police notice slapped on Maulana Saad are:
1. Full name, address and registration details of your organisation
2. Details of office bearers of your organisation (name, father's name, address, mobile number, post and since when)
3. Details of persons in the Management Committee of the Markaz (name, father's name, address, mobile number and post)
4. Details of Income Tax Returns filed by your organisation for the last 3 years
5. PAN numbers, bank account numbers and bank statements for the last one year of your organisation
6. List of employees working for your organisation (name, father's name, address, mobile number and post)
7. Number of religious gatherings (Markaz) organised by your organisation from 1 January 2019 till date. Details of number of days of Markaz and number of persons attending each Markaz
8. A map/site plan of the premises being used for Markaz
9. Whether CCTV is installed in the premises of the Markaz. If yes, then provide details about the number of cameras and their physical locations. The same be preserved till further order
10. Whether any permission from Delhi Police or other authority was requested/obtained by the management of Markaz for holding the religious gathering in this case. If yes, then provide certified copy of the same
11. Whether any guidelines written/oral issued by Delhi Police or any other government authority and received by the management of Markaz for holding the religious gathering in this case. If yes, then provide certified copy of the same
12. Certified copy of any other correspondence made between the management of Markaz and any other government authority, including police
13. Audio/Video recording (original, if available) made by or in possession of any person participating in the Markaz, along with Certificate u/s 65B of the Indian Evidence Act
14. Details of all devotees/inmates, both Indian and foreigners, who participated in the Markaz after 12 March 2020 (name, father's name, address and mobile number)
15. Original registers/data/records maintained by the management of Markaz regarding all persons who have participated in the Markaz after March 12, 2020 till date
16. Whether any devotee fell sick at the Markaz. If yes, provide details
17. Steps taken to disperse the congregation at Markaz after 12 March 2020
18. Steps taken to disperse the congregation at Markaz after promulgation of Section 144 of CrPC on 24 March 2020 in the area
19. Provide list of staff/volunteers/parking attendant (name, father's name, address, mobile number and post) that was deployed for duty at the Markaz arrangement from 12 March 2020 till date
20. Provide date-wise list of inmates/devotees (Indians and foreigners) at the Markaz after 12 March 2020 (name, father's name, address, mobile number), if available
21. Provide date-wise list of inmates/devotees (Indians and foreigners) at the Markaz who had been taken to hospitals for
treatment after March 12, 2020 (name, father's name, address, mobile number), if available
22. Provide date-wise list of inmates/devotees (Indians and foreigners) at the Markaz who had been taken to other places like mosques/guest houses, etc, for treatment/quarantine after March 12, 2020 (name, father's name, address, mobile number), if available
23. Provide details of inmates/devotees (Indians and foreigners) who had participated in the Markaz and have died thereafter (name, father's name, address, mobile number, name of hospital)
24. Provide details of Curfew Passes issued to anyone related to the Markaz (name, father's name, address, mobile number, purpose for which curfew pass was issued)
25. Provide details of the visit (date-wise) of various civic agencies like Tehsildar, SDM, DC, Health Department Teams, Doctors, Medical Service Providers, representatives of WHO, Disaster Management Teams, any such other agency after 12 March 2020 to the Markaz
26. Any other relevant information/document/evidence which might be useful for the investigation of this case
Last Updated 4, Apr 2020, 4:14 PM