In two districts of Maharashtra, Amravati, and Yavatmal, restrictions were put in place. While a 10-day lockdown was announced in Yavatmal, a weekend lockdown was imposed in Amravati.
Mumbai: As the sudden surge in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra has become worrying at a time when the overall pandemic situation in the country is in control, several districts have reimposed fresh restrictions.
Covid-19 numbers in the state remained in an upward trajectory for a week, logging over 5,000 cases on Thursday. In two districts of Maharashtra, Amravati, and Yavatmal, restrictions were put in place. While a 10-day lockdown was announced in Yavatmal, a weekend lockdown was imposed in Amravati.
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) also released a set of new Covid-related guidelines for Mumbai. Also, citizens flouting rules for home isolation, weddings, and public gatherings will be prosecuted, an order from Municipal Commissioner Iqbal Singh Chahal stated.
· Residential buildings with more than five active Covid-19 cases will be sealed.
· Those who will be found flouting Covid-19 rules will be prosecuted.
· Travellers coming to Mumbai from Brazil will have to remain under seven-day institutional quarantine.
· Those who are supposed to be home quarantined will be stamped so that they can't flout quarantine rules.
· 300 marshals deployed at Mumbai locals to take action against passengers travelling without masks.
· Regular inspection at halls, wedding venues to check whether Covid-19 norms are being maintained at these gatherings.
Play The virtual Boat Racing Game and challenge yourself Click to Play Now
Last Updated Feb 20, 2021, 10:25 AM IST