- WhatsApp offers two options – ‘Delete for Everyone’ and ‘Delete for Yourself’.
- The first option deletes the message in your chat while the second deletes the message only in your chat screen.
We all have sent messages and instantly regretted, haven’t we? And, that’s one reason why the ‘delete’ or ‘recall’ message feature from WhatsApp has caught everyone’s attention. After a string of leaks, rumours and reports, looks like it is finally coming to users.
WhatsApp has now updated its pages (via @WABetaInfo) for leading platforms like Android, iOS and Windows Phone stating that the feature is coming to all users.
How it works
WhatsApp offers two options – ‘Delete for Everyone’ and ‘Delete for Yourself’. Needless to say, the first option deletes the message in your chat while the second deletes the message only in your chat screen.
You have just seven minutes after sending the message to delete it. Once the message is deleted, it will be replaced with the message that reads, “this message was deleted.”
To delete a message, users have to follow these steps:
- Open the WhatsApp chat with a group/person you sent the message.
- Tap and hold the message you want to delete
- You will find a Delete option at the top of the screen
- Tapping on the delete option, will offer two options - Delete for everyone or Delete for me
However, do not expect the feature to reach you right away. It will reportedly be released in phases. Right now it is available for users in Singapore and Spain, and Indian users may get it soon, though there is no concrete time frame.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 7:04 PM IST