Watch: Samsung phone blasts in a man's shirt pocket

First Published 7, Oct 2017, 2:14 PM IST
Samsung phone blasts in a mans shirt pocket
Highlights
  • The video shows a man in Indonesia falling on the ground as the phone explodes in his shirt pocket.
  • The battery used in the device wasn't manufactured by Samsung or an authorised Samsung partner.

 

While the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy Note 8 put an end to the saga of the Note 7 devices going up in flames, another incident has now surfaced. However, it is believed that the man was not using an approved battery. So, it reportedly wasn't Samsung's fault this time.

Video source: Rista Casmiaa/YouTube

The video above (via Cnet) shows a man in Indonesia falling on the ground as the phone explodes in his shirt pocket. He is seen ripping apart the shirt. The device that went up in flames is said to be the Samsung Grand Duos.

The whole incident was caught on CCTV at Hotel Ciputra Semarang. He is said to be an employee of the hotel. A bystander helped him as the phone blasts, but the man did suffer some minor injuries.

Citing a Samsung spokesperson, the report adds that the battery used in the device wasn't manufactured by Samsung or an authorised Samsung partner, which is said to have been the cause of the blast.

loader