Two women who consumed 'prasadam' at temple dead

tamil-nadu | Thursday, April 5th, 2018
PTI
Highlights
  • The devotees, including two children, were hospitalised yesterday after they partook the ' prasadam ' (offering) distributed at Selvamuthu Mariammam temple in Mettupalayam, following complaints of sickness and stomach ailment.

Two women, who were among the 30 persons hospitalised after taking temple 'prasadam', died today at a government hospital in Mettupalayam, some 45 kms from here, police said.
     
The devotees, including two children, were hospitalised yesterday after they partook the 'prasadam' (offering) distributed at Selvamuthu Mariammam temple in Mettupalayam, following complaints of sickness and stomach ailment.
     
Two women-Loganayaki and Savithri- died this morning without responding to treatment, while others are recovering,
police said. Use of spoilt ghee and oil for cooking could have caused the food poisoning, they added.

Comments 0
Add Comment

    I too have information on others' money dealings, will wait and use as last resort: DK Shivakumar

    karnataka | Wednesday, June 20th, 2018