It’s a big game for Delhi Daredevils as they are at the bottom of the table right now. Skipper Shreyas Iyer helped his side win the 2nd game of the season when they beat KKR in their last encounter. Another win against Chennai Super Kings can help them to move forward a bit. But, now their battle is against the strongest side of the league, who are sitting at the top right now.
We are halfway through ongoing VIVO IPL 2018. Match 30 will see Chennai Super Kings (CSK) host Delhi Daredevils (DD) at Pune. After losing only their second league encounter, versus Mumbai Indians (MI) on Saturday, MS Dhoni-led CSK will be wary of avoiding a mini losing streak. On the other hand, DD has revamped well post Gautam Gambhir’s resignation. They still cannot afford any slip-up and will be eager to carry on. DD is lying at the bottom and will face No. 2 ranked CSK.
The Delhi Daredevils under the new captain Shreyas Iyer looked a completely different team the other evening at Firoz Shah Kotla as they bulldozed the Kolkata Knight Riders and secured their second win in the tournament to keep their playoffs hopes alive.
However, they can’t rest on their laurels as they need a winning spree here. Having lost five games already, they can’t afford too many more losses, and as they travel to Pune to take on the table leaders CSK, they will aim to replicate a somewhat similar performance they put on against KKR.
CSK vs DD Head to Head
Delhi Daredevils have only beaten Chennai Super Kings four times in the Indian Premier League, losing 12 of their previous meetings. This is their first match of this year's competition, however, and therefore their first since Chennai Super Kings' two-year ban and Delhi won when they last met in 2015. Shreyas Iyer scored an unbeaten 70 from 49 balls in that match, as Delhi successfully chased 120 to win in just 16.4 overs.
CSK vs DD Team News
Chennai Super Kings
- Deepak Chahar has been ruled out for two weeks with hamstring injury.
- Faf du Plessis could come in for Sam Billings.
- Imran Tahir had an ordinary outing against MI and did not even bowl his quota.
- DD played a near-perfect game against the Knight Riders on Friday.
- The only player who is uncertain to play in the fixture is Vijay Shankar.
- Jason Roy is struggling with a niggle and is unlikely to play.
CSK vs DD Key Players
Chennai Super Kings:
- Ambati Rayudu is having a great run and is the leading run-getter in the competition.
- Dhoni, Raina and Watson are among others who have surpassed 200-run mark.
- Shardul Thakur and DJ Bravo have picked the most wickets for CSK.
- Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant are key to the DD’s batting.
- Trent Boult has 11 wickets in the tournament in 7 matches.
CSK Predicted XI: David Willey, Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni (C & WK), Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Karn Sharma, Harbhajan Sharma, Shardul Thakur, Lungi Ngidi
DD Predicted XI: Prithvi Shaw, Colin Munro, Shreyas Iyer (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Glenn Maxwell, Vijay Shankar, Rahul Tewatia, Liam Plunkett, Amit Mishra, Trent Boult, Avesh Khan
CSK will be outright favourites to emerge winners from this game as their team have displayed great depth and balance throughout the current tournament. They will, however, be wary of a Delhi team who know this is a must-win fixture if they harbour any hopes of making it to the playoff positions.
Last Updated 30, Apr 2018, 11:51 AM IST