- Rs 3,174 crore has been allocated for the Karnataka railways
- Two new metro lines have been approved for Bengaluru
- There will be route doubling between Daund-Kalaburgi
Most of the North-Western Zone of Railways passes through Karnataka. AK Gupta, General Manager of North Western Zone, has said that the budget has allocated ₹ 3,174 crores for the zone, while last year it was ₹ 2,663.42 crore.
This is what is in store for Karnataka railways
• New railway route of 13 km from Chikka Benakal to Gangavati, Koppala District.
• Line doubling of 46.81 km between Daund (Maharashtra) and Kalaburgi (Karnataka)
• Electrification of Guntakal, Ballari, Hosapete, Toranagal, Ranjitpur; Hosapete and Gadag
• Two new lines for Bengaluru’s Namma Metro and extension of four routes of Metro second phase.
• 25 railway stations in the country will be upgraded, among which two are located in Karnataka (Cantonment Railway Station and Yeshwanthpur Railway Station)
• Provision for 100 MW solar electricity for 34 stations in the North Western Zone
• Bio-toilets to be installed in 914 trains of North Western Zone
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:50 PM