SSLC Karnataka: Five stories that prove hard work can beat odds
According to the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB), this year the overall pass percentage is 79.16. As thousands of students celebrate the success, Asianet Newsable has compiled some of the inspiring stories that should be shared widely:
- Ranjan from Poornaprajna School in Bhadravathi (Shimoga district) has set a new record by scoring100% marks (625/625).
- Bheemarao, a student of Odanadi Seva Samsthe in Mysuru, was a child labourer for eight years. Before he was rescued, he used to work in a farm in Mangalore along with his brothers and sisters. He scored 75% marks in the SSLC exam.
- Vinay, Belgaum district, was a tea seller (chaiwala). He has scored 617 marks out of 625 in the SSLC exam which he had taken in Kannada. He says he has not taken any private tuition classes.
- Kuber from SJM High School in Chitradurga lost his mother on the day of the exam. She died due to a snake bite. That day Kuber refused to go to the exam, however, his teachers consoled him and made him take the exam. He scored a first class.
- Besides students, the teachers and administration also need a special mention, especially the teachers of Chikkamagalur district, who used to give missed calls to students to wake them up in the early morning to make them study for the exam. With their efforts, Chikkamagalur district, which last year was in the 26th place, this time, is in fifth place in terms of highest pass percentage. SG Nagesh, DDPI of the district, had taken this as a challenge. Last year he had said in the Zilla Panchayat meeting, “I will see that next year the district comes within 15th place. If I fail, I will resign”. And he achieved the goal.