- People's Plan Campaign to be relaunched.
- Kerala to be fully Wifi connected
- 25 new jobs to be generated
- Constructive steps to introduce Yoga in Schools
- Literacy movement to be sustained in an inclusive manner
Declaring the road map for the year ahead for the Left Democratic Front (LDF) government in Kerala, which was voted to power with a clear majority, the Kerala Governor P Sathasivam promised that the promises given to the people will be fulfilled. In a major policy change, the Governor announced that the People's Plan Campaign, which lost continuity after it was launched by the EK Nayanar government in 1996, would be relaunched.
People of Kerala voted against corruption and the government is duty-bound to give utmost priority to fight against corruption. The government is strongly committed to ensure law and order as development strikes root only in a land of peace.
The government will give a push to job creation in agriculture, tourism and IT sectors and plans to to promote start-ups in a big way. It plans to to create 25 lakh jobs out of which 10 lakhs will be generated in Tourism and IT sectors. As many as 1,500 startups will be started and 1,000 startups will get Rs.2 lakh each as grant.
The Governor also said that the government should be able to rise to the hopes of youth who hold the future of the land by providing employment opportunities to suit their aspiration.
Finance minister Thomas Issac will present the budget on 8 July and the session will continue till 19 July. Government has to finish important businesses like bringing out of white paper and election of Deputy Speaker.
Other High lights:
District , Sub-district people's Program
Poverty-free state mooted
Strict Economic Regulations
Private investors to be encouraged for development initiatives.
Social Audit to be made compulsory in Local-self governance institutions
Emphasis on E-governance
E-office in Secretariat and government offices.
Development fund for Local-self governments to be increased.
Will formulate a pilgrim tourism policy
- 1500 new start-ups
- 1000 start-ups to get 2 lakhs each
- Kozhikode Cyber Park to be completed this year
- Wi-fi facility to be made available state-wide
- wi-fi mooted in every Panchayath
- Kazhakootam Techno city to be completed soon
- 10 lakh jobs to be created in IT and Tourism sectors
- E-governance benefits through mobile app
- New department for women and children
- Security and safety of women to be given utmost importance
- Sports incubation centres.
- Exclusive sports clubs for girls. Special sports centre to promote girl athletes
- 8 to 12 classes to be made hi-tech
- Market price would be given to those who lose their land underttaken for national highway
- Gas pipeline project to be implemented soon
- Have to revive Kuttanad package
- Will bring 3 lakh hectre under paddy cultivation
- District hospitals to be turned super speciality hospitals
- Government committed to maintain law and order
- Afternoon meal to be made more efficient
- University libraries to be modernised
- Yoga to be made compulsory in schools
- Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode Airports to be modernised
- Development of basic infrastructure need of the hour
- Filmcity mooted at Chitranjali studio
- Strict action against blackmarket
- Rehabilitation program for HIV +
- Tax collection to be made more efficient
- A new project named Information Powerhouse to be implemented
- Peoples Bazar mooted
- Development projects to be made more environment friendly
- Private participation encouraged for development projects
- Development projects only after taking people into confidence
- Organic vegetables to be popularised
- Farmers to get loan at an interest rate of 4%
- Strengthen Kerala State Government Cashew Development Corporation
- Will look into possibility of according plantation status to cashew
- Minimum wages and employment at coir sector
- Infuse more funds through KFC and subsidies to coir entrepreneurs
- Kudumbasree units will be insensitivised for collection of husks and de fibering
- Rebate on coir products for ensuring successful marketing
- Handloom cooperative Sector will be reorganised to ensure higher job creation
- Handloom uniforms to be promoted in schools.
- Solar powered charka would be popularised
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 7:00 PM IST