- IT conducts raids on Minister HC Mahadevappa’s close aides
- New notes of ₹2000 denominations seized
The IT sleuths conducted a raid on the residents of close aides of Minister C Mahadevappa- Jayachandra and Chikkarayappa. The officers were surprised to find the new ₹2000 notes to the tune of ₹4.5 crore.
Chikkarayappa is the MD of Cauvery Corporation and is also said to be close to Chief Minister Siddaramaiah. Another accused Jayachandra is the Chairman of the National Highways Authority.
Jayachandra’s house at Sanjayanagar was raided. He had also purchased luxury cars including Porsche and Lamborghini in the name of his son Trijesh.
What was seized?
- More than ₹6 crore in cash and 7 kg gold jewellery
- ₹4.5 crore of ₹2000 denomination
- Records of the movable and immovable property
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:49 PM