How Tamil Nadu industry boomed under Jayalalithaa
- 2.04 million people work in 37,378 factories in Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu’s per capita income is the 5th highest in India.
There are some fascinating facts about Tamil Nadu’s industrial sector under deceased Chief Minister Jayalalithaa’s regime. She carried Tami Nadu ahead of the other states when it comes to industrialisation.
Here are four facts that one should know for which Jayalalithaa could take Tamil Nadu to zenith of industrial growth:
- With 37,378 factories, Tamil Nadu has more factories than any other states in India. Maharashtra comes second in that list with 29,123 factories, followed by Gujarat with 22,876.
- 2.04 million people work in these factories, which is more than any other state in India. Yet again Maharashtra and Gujarat trails Tamil Nadu in this list.
- Tamil Nadu’s per capita income is the 5th highest in India.
- Tamil Nadu has country’s richest people among the large states of India.